Craft Potters Nelson (CPN) invites applications for the position of Potter-in Residence.
The position is open to both national and international potters/ceramic artists for terms of 6 months to 2 years to develop new ideas and work towards an exhibition.
CPN has an outstanding studio and gallery space in Hope, Nelson, in the South Island of New Zealand. The Nelson area has a wealth of potters, a fantastic climate and an inspiring landscape.
For a weekly rent the potter-in-residence will be expected to;
- Be in residence for 4 days per week;
- Be fluent in English
- Pay all material and firing costs
- Conduct a workshop in his or her area of speciality
- Hold an exhibition at the completion of residency
- Assist CPN members by helping with technical problems and supervising kiln loading/firing
- Participate in CPN activities
If you wish to apply for the position, please apply with the following
- A CV and artist statement
- An overview of what you hope to achieve during the residency
- An overview of a workshop
- Photographs of your work
Applications are ongoing. For more details, please send application by email to;
With Potter-in-residence in the subject line.
Accommodation is not included, but assistance will be given to the successful applicant.